Symphonic FM Vol.1 : Elève : Les Bois
Musical Training in the Orchestra
The authors have devised - with help from instrumental teachers - a method that is a tool both lively and amusing for children, and as precise as possible for teachers, while letting them teach according to their personal musical style.
Some of the advantages of musical training in the orchestra:
- a much clearer and less abstract relationship between solfège and playing an instrument (all solfège training is directly related to the instrument that the student has chosen)
- an oral before a written presentation
- more thorough ear training, due to scores played by different instrumentalists
- improved comprehension/analysis of the works proposed as a result of playing an instrument
- develops the student's autonomy
- playing an instrument collectively as part of this course will encourage the student (once the necessary level is reached) to participate in a conservatory or music school ensemble
Each volume of Symphonic FM comes in a book for the student (adapted to the instrument played - flute, recorder, oboe, clarinet, bassoon or saxophone) and a book for the teacher.
More details: SymphonicFM.pdf