Comptino Piano is a method whose particularity has been to draw from the repertoire of children's and traditional French music.
Each song has been chosen to allow the discovery of a new musical and pianistic element.
The child will acquire simultaneously and gradually:
- the codes of written music
- the play of separate hands through legato and staccato phrasing
- the play of the hands together initiated by melodies in parallel movements
- good hand posture using the relief of the piano
- gestures that convey his musical intentions
- rhythmic figures in their diversity
This method should allow the child, during his first year, to have a base that he can enrich with treasures from the pianistic repertoire.